|Location||South Herefordshire, United Kingdom|
How to Apply
We are a small team of grassland enthusiasts focussing on milk production from grazed grass.
440 spring calving, cross bred cows on two adjoining sites. Rotational grazing. Good tracks and infrastructure. Regular off farm grassland discussion group meetings.
We are looking for someone to join the team with particular responsibility for rearing replacement heifers through to calving.
The job will involve:
- Responsibility for rearing and managing replacement heifers
- To include weighing, record keeping and grassland management for youngstock
- Relief milking. Alternate weekends plus holiday cover. Modern 20:40 swing over with ACRs
- Stock work - calving, heat detection, dehorning, vaccination.
- Yard work - scraping, bedding, feeding, including use of telehandler.
- Tractor work - pre mowing, slurry spreading with umbilical system.
Variety of other work - maintenance, fencing, repairs
For more information see download