|Fonthill Bishop, Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Land Management and Surveying
How to Apply
Fowler Fortescue is an independent practice of chartered surveyors based in southern Wiltshire specialising in rural estate management. The practice was founded in 2003 and has grown over the last 21 years to a team of 10 land agents and 20 supporting staff. We provide estate management services and professional consultancy to a core client base of around 60 rural estates across Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset, and Somerset, as well as sister estates located as far as the Outer Hebrides.
Our simple mission is to fulfil the needs of our clients to the highest level and to ensure that we are adding value to our clients through our service. Whether it is hands on day-to-day estate management, high-level strategic advice, or assembling a team of the best specialist advisors to provide expertise to our clients, we pride ourselves in delivering a personal, innovative, and cost-effective professional service.
We are looking for a trainee to join our growing business.
Main purpose of Role
The Trainee Land Agent will assist in the managing of all aspects of the property portfolio on various Estates working with the Directors.
Scope of the Role
• Developing Estate Management plan with the principals and assisting with its implementation.
• Identification of opportunities for improving income revenue and capital receipts from property lettings, development projects, natural capital, in hand business opportunities and operations.
• Residential, commercial, and agricultural tenancy management to include re-let, renewals, rent reviews and strategic management thereof.
• Management of property compliance, H&S, and employment legislation across the estate.
• Drawing up Estate budgets and implementation thereof.
• In-house valuation work.
• Assisting with all aspects of the day-to-day management, planning, promotion, and development of the estate.
• Monitoring the planning, design and construction programmes, applying appropriate solutions, guiding processes or making recommendations.
• Identify and resolve property maintenance and repair issues.
• Managing estate staff and contractors.
• Assisting with debtor management.
• Engage with other businesses, developers, public bodies, contractors, consultants, and the local community to deliver the masterplan vision and shared objectives.
• Project work.
For full details including how to apply, please see download.