Landscaping Operative – 4 month FTC
|Location||Bristol and surrounding area, United Kingdom|
Environment and Countryside
How to Apply
Bromford is a housing association providing affordable housing and specialist housing support services.
If you can put your landscaping and grounds maintenance experience to use and help us to provide and maintain safe, secure and thriving communities that people are proud to call home - you belong at Bromford.
In your role as a landscaper, you’ll carry out the grounds maintenance of our green spaces and help with the clearance of our empty homes and gardens. You’ll maintain the upkeep of all landscaped areas, ensuring pathways and hard standings are maintained and clear of debris. You’ll operate landscaping machinery, ride-on mowers, strimmers and blowers.
This role will cover our Bristol (BS37) and surrounding areas, so you must live in a suitable location to cover this area of work. Due to the nature of the role, a DBS will be completed for the successful candidate.
To be a landscaping Operative with Bromford, you will:
- Ideally have some experience in landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Ideally, hold an NPTC qualification in brush cutter, pedestrian mower, ride on mower, hedge cutter and PA1 and PA6 in spraying pesticides (although training is available where required)
- Have a good understanding of health and safety, COSHH requirements
- Have basic IT knowledge and comfortable using mobile devices (training to be provided)
- Be punctual, have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Be comfortable working on your own and as part of a team
- Need to have a full, clean driving licence. You will have a work vehicle which you will share with a colleague
- Build effective relationships based on trust and respect, have excellent customer service skills and be a great ambassador for Bromford.
Your previous experience may be in roles such as a gardener, landscaper, grounds maintenance operative, grounds person, fencing and landscaping operative, fencer and/or hard landscaper. The seasonal contracts are fixed contracts for 4 months.
For full details and to apply, click HERE