|Bourton-on-the Water, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
How to Apply
Just Farm are a small firm of agents who help farmers and landowners access the changing Defra farming grants, specialising in new Stewardship Agreements.
Started in 2019, there is a team of 9 of us operating from our office on the family farm near Bourton on the Water. In 2021 we successfully wrote the application for the North East Cotswold Farmer Cluster Landscape Recovery Project, a National Pilot connecting over 50 farms in an ambitious project to improve water quality and fund farmers appropriately for doing so.
Challenging the status quo we aim to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients farming businesses utilising the various schemes to best effect.
This role would be approx 10-20 hours per week, more may be available to suit the right candidate and could be a full time, temporary position during holidays. The position is available now and will provide work through to the Autumn. For the last two years we have filled this position with a student which worked well.
- Help design schemes with Clients to maximise their business resilience and profitability through relevant DEFRA schemes
- Be involved in the delivery of large and complex projects including ambitious Higher Tier Stewardship and Landscape Recovery applications
- Help complete Annual Stewardship claims for our growing Client base
- Support the work of Client Managers delivering access to typical farming schemes
- Ensure the Relationship Management team is fully briefed to deliver the service to the Client
- Generate new leads through initiative and in particular by building trade relationships
- Develop a leading knowledge of the core DEFRA annual payment schemes; Sustainable Farming Incentive and Stewardship under ELMs
BPS and Annual Stewardship claims knowledge/experience would be very useful and the role may suit someone interested in a career as a Farm Business Consultant in an agency role.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to Edward Earnshaw, Director, at email@example.com