|Location||Remote, United Kingdom|
Environment and Countryside
Land Management and Surveying
How to Apply
Biodiverse are seeking a passionate and focussed individual who shares our values and purpose - to balance business with biodiversity.
As our graduate ecologist, you will organise and participate in a variety of ecological surveys, alongside providing ecological clerk works when required. You will be responsible for the planning, preparation and smooth running of surveys including sub-contractor management and supporting the ecology team in resourcing and delivering projects in a safe and professional manner.
We encourage innovation and creativity and are committed to advancing your development. If you have a particular area of expertise you’d like to nurture, we’ll support you, through training, volunteering time and CPD.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to drive change at an exciting time in the evolution of the ecology consultancy sector.
- Survey planning and organisation of resources including sub-contractors and kit
- Field survey organisation
- Field surveys for preliminary ecological appraisal and protected species
- Deployment and collection of survey
- Bat call analysis and collation of results
- GIS map production
- Website and social media
The successful candidate will have -
- Min. one seasons working/volunteering in ecology consultancy
- Report writing
- Preliminary Bat Roost Assessment experience
- Protected Species Surveys (e.g. GCN, bat, badger)
- Bat call analysis and reporting
- Logistic/survey planning desirable
Skills and qualifications
- Min. of BSc degree in Ecology or closely related subject or a minimum of 3-year survey experience
- CSCS card
- CIEEM membership (min Qualifying) is desirable
Fixed Term 31st December 2022
Remotely based (North East office – if looking to be office based)
For further information and to apply online click HERE.