|Location||Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom|
Animal and Equine
Environment and Countryside
|Closing Date||Apply ASAP|
How to Apply
High Ash Farm is a 200ha (500 acre) arable farm with a successful horse livery business. Since 2006 the farm has moved away from intensive arable agriculture and now focuses on conservation work through environmental schemes, public engagement and providing facilities for horse livery.
Our farm is a 200ha (500 acre) arable farm with a successful horse livery business. Since 2006 the farm has moved away from intensive arable agriculture and now focuses on conservation work through environmental schemes, public engagement and providing facilities for horse livery. This is a new and exciting opportunity, requiring a candidate with passion for both conservation and farming.
We are seeking to recruit a full time, multi-skilled worker to assist with all operations on the farm. The main duties would include:
- Tractor and farm machinery operation - hay making, land cultivation, fertiliser spreading, grass track mowing and paddock maintenance.
- Farmyard maintenance general building and machinery maintenance, cleaning, hedge cutting, livery yard facility upkeep, horse paddock fencing work.
- Woodland management for conservation and production of firewood.
- Deliveries of hay and firewood sales and collection of materials needed for jobs on site.
- Engagement with the public, many of the farm tracks are open to the public via permissive access, which requires management of people and maintaining safe walking and riding for both the public and horse riders. We run events and tours throughout the year and plan to build on this area of the business.
Ideally candidates will have all or some of the following skills, training will be provided.
- A background in agriculture and/or conservation, tractor driving and farm machinery experience. Experience using chainsaws and other power tools.
- A keen interest in ecology and conservation, experience in surveying and identifying wildlife
- Livestock/equine management. A large part of the business is horse livery, so although there is no commercial livestock you will be occasionally required to handle and manage horses safely.
- A willingness to adapt to the way of working at high ash farm, working closely with Chris and Dan you will need to learn quickly in a seasonal and changing working environment. Flexibility and understanding that at times work will need to be carried out at any time/day of the week.
- Ability to run projects alone and problem solve on the job, you will often be asked to carry out jobs independently.
- Good communication skills and public engagement experience.
- Full driving licence and towing licence
To apply via Indeed click HERE