Estate Forestry Worker
|Location||Miserden, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom|
Environment and Countryside
How to Apply
Miserden Estate is looking for someone to assist the Head Forester on their 850 acres of predominantly broadleaf woodland. While the large felling operations are outsourced to contractors, the individual would be responsible for all other areas of practical work on the RFS award-winning estate woodland and parkland.
- Maintain woodlands to the current high standard. Removal of diseased ash in plantations and on roadsides.
- Maintain new plantations, including ash replacement and Christmas tree production.
- Ensure H&S responsibilities are fulfilled, including responsibility for your personal safety and others affected by your work.
- Help supply woodchip to the large biomass district heating scheme.
- Deliver Countryside Stewardship requirements of coppicing, ride cutting, some winter feeding and grassland management.
- Squirrel control.
- Seasonal grass cutting around the estate owned village, assistance in the garden and annual hedge cutting.
- Making Swedish candles, process kindling, firewood and any other timber products required to sell in the estate shop.
- Stock fencing repair.
The estate has a ‘one team’ approach so a good team ethos is key. The candidate should have at least 5 years practical forestry experience. Qualified to fell and process trees over 380mm. NPTC Level 2 Chainsaw Qualifications: CS30, CS31, CS32 essential, CS33 and CS34 (windblow trees) desirable or Lantra equivalent. Experience of tractor driving, use of winch, skidder and forwarding trailer (FMO desirable). Telehandler licence and Pesticide Application (PA1 and PA6) also desirable.
Full Time, 40 hours per week.
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
Send application along with CV to John Rutterford email@example.com or by post to John Rutterford, Head Forester, Estate Office, Miserden, Gloucestershire GL6 7JA