|Location||Melksham, Wilshire, United Kingdom|
|Closing Date||Apply ASAP|
How to Apply
Germinal is a sixth-generation family company with a proud history in seed production and sales. Germinal are forage specialists promoting sustainable livestock production via utilising innovative forage products. Our partnership with The Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS) has allowed us to develop high sugar grasses which both increase meat and milk and reduce nitrogen losses.
Germinal Horizon is our research arm which is committed to investing in science to proactively seek new technologies addressing the challenges of food production in the face of climate change.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of the Germinal Horizon Team in Melksham, Wiltshire, progressing innovative forage crop research.
Your role will involve:
· Drilling preparation, marking out of trials and plot drilling
· Assisting with sampling / harvesting of plots
· Mowing and fertilising of trials
· Assessments and observations of forage crops
· Drying and recording DM content of samples from trials
· Preparing samples for quality analysis
· Scoring plots for disease levels and recording data
· Data collection, entry, and analysis
· Assisting on open days and at customer discussion events
· Cultivations and seedbed preparation
· General machinery operation and maintenance
· General building and site maintenance
Candidates should be partaking in a relevant science/agricultural qualification.
Candidates should have good communication skills, excellent attention to detail and a UK driving licence.
PA1, PA2, PA4 and/or PA6 beneficial but not essential.
Please forward your CV by email to: Jo.email@example.com