|Location||Stroud, United Kingdom|
Business and Marketing
How to Apply
The Biodynamic Association is unique among UK accredited organic certification bodies in that we certify both biodynamic farming and food to Demeter standards, and organic farming and food to organic standards. We pride ourselves on being a small team which is committed to building personal, long-lasting relationships with our licensees, whilst providing a professional and responsive certification service.
We are now looking for a bright, energetic, and ambitious person, who shares our passion for biodynamic and organic food and farming to manage our certification team as we move forward and grow the business post-Brexit. Our successful candidate will relish the detail of certification, have great attention for quality management and the ability to ensure that the organic and biodynamic principles that inspire our licensees inform all aspects of certification.
The job entails:
- Overseeing the day-to-day certification of Demeter and organic licensees
- Liaising with and reporting to the Certification Board
- Managing the budget, keeping oversight of the finances
- Maintaining UKAS (UK Accreditation Service) accreditation to ISO 17065/2012 as an organic certification body
- Developing quality management systems
- Coordinating the development of standards
- Collaborating with other organic and biodynamic organisations (Biodynamic Association, UK Organic Certifiers Group, UK Certification Bodies Technical Working Group, Demeter International, IFOAM UK, Irish Organic Association)
- Maintaining good, responsive working relationships with DEFRA
- Acting as a spokesperson for biodynamic and organic agriculture and certification
This is a full-time position based in our office in Stroud.
The Certification Manager must be willing to travel to attend organic and Demeter meetings in the UK and Europe.
For more information click HERE.
To apply for this post please send a CV and covering letter demonstrating what you could bring to this role to email@example.com