|Location||National, United Kingdom|
Animal and Equine
Environment and Countryside
How to Apply
Austin Foot Ecology is a small independent company set-up by two experienced ecologists. We undertake a range of consultancy work, typically supporting larger clients which gives us access to interesting and varied projects and sites across the UK.
What is the Role?
We are recruiting for an Assistant/Graduate Ecologist to grow and develop with the business. The successful candidate will work with us and learn a range of technical and consultancy skills. This would include species and habitat surveys / assessments, report writing, assisting with tenders / fee estimates and other elements of managing a range of projects.
Although much of our time is spent on fieldwork, you will be home-based when not on client sites. We frequently work away from home and take part in surveys outside typical working hours (i.e., nocturnal or early morning work) when required. Our work can be anywhere in the UK.
Your Skills and Experience?
- A degree in Ecology (or related subject) or other appropriate experience.
- A full UK driving licence and own vehicle
- The right to work in the UK
- The desire to learn.
- A basic understanding of the nature of ecological consultancy.
- Experience of protected species survey, habitat assessment, species licencing and report / document writing
- CIEEM member
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Protected Species Licence holder
What Can We Offer You?
If you’re still reading, then we might be the right match for you. We are currently offering a full-time position, although we are happy to consider flexible working hours or a part-time position if appropriate to the requirements of the role. At Austin Foot Ecology we offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Full time hours (flexible working / part-time hours can be considered as appropriate)
- Home-based working
- A Flexible and varied working pattern
- Supportive management team
- Development and training opportunities
Get in Touch
If you would like to apply or hear more about this position please contact Ed Austin on email@example.com (07958 343640) or Steve Foot on firstname.lastname@example.org (07951 605744) or for further details click HERE